What to expect in an Ayurvedic Consultation
An Ayurvedic consultation can take a form of a long interview where you come in with intake forms having answered a long list of questions about your
1. Daily routine- what time you wake up, what time do you sleep, how much time do you spend in front of a computer, your physical activity, what time do you eat, how much do you eat, when do you exercise
2. State of Agni (digestive fire) and food habits- What do you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner. Your snacking habits. How many times do you have a bowel movement etc?
3. Your history and any supplements you may be taking-What is your personal health history. For a women-a lot of questions about their monthly cycle, PMS may be asked. A list of supplements maybe asked.
4. Dosha (natural constitution and current constitution) form- This helps us determine your dosha.
5. Vastu-We may even ask you questions about the location, and, the direction of your home. (Vedic or Indian Feng shui is called Vastu)
Once you arrive at our location, we may check your Nadi. Nadi is an energetic and spiritual pulse that checks the flow of energy of your chakras, internal, and external self. We may ask you to show your tongue for biofeedback. We may check your nails for biofeedback purposes also.