What to expect in an Ayurvedic Consultation
An Ayurvedic consultation can take a form of a long interview where you come in with intake forms having answered a long list of questions about your
1. Daily routine- what time you wake up, what time do you sleep, how much time do you spend in front of a computer, your physical activity, what time do you eat, how much do you eat, when do you exercise
2. State of Agni (digestive fire) and food habits- What do you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner. Your snacking habits. How many times do you have a bowel movement etc?
3. Your history and any supplements you may be taking-What is your personal health history. For a women-a lot of questions about their monthly cycle, PMS may be asked. A list of supplements maybe asked.
4. Dosha (natural constitution and current constitution) form- This helps us determine your dosha.
5. Vastu-We may even ask you questions about the location, and, the direction of your home. (Vedic or Indian Feng shui is called Vastu)
Once you arrive at our location, we may check your Nadi. Nadi is an energetic and spiritual pulse that checks the flow of energy of your chakras, internal, and external self. We may ask you to show your tongue for biofeedback. We may check your nails for biofeedback purposes also.
Complimentary Ayurveda Consultations
Our Complimentary Student Consultations are supervised by faculty and/or advanced practitioner students.
Pre-consultation- Students can call you up beforehand to make sure you have filled out all the forms. They may ask you to submit pictures of nails, tongue, etc, and may help you with a pre-consultation beforehand. This is for 15-30 minutes. This is always done online or via phone.
Day of Consultation- Initial consultations can take from 40-60 min.
Post consultation- Follow up can be scheduled via zoom or phone.
Consultations include determining natural constitution and current Vikrti or imbalance. This consultation may happen in person or online. Currently, due to pandemic situations, all consultations are happening online.
Follow up- Students under the supervision of a teacher will prepare an Ayurvedic plan, suggest lifestyle and diet interventions that include dosa pacifying diet plans, daily and seasonal routines, yoga, or meditation. This may happen at a later date without the presence of the teacher. Follow ups may be given over the phone, zoom and the plans may be shared via dropbox or google drive. Usually, there is one follow up and can be 15-30
Sign up via this link. Please choose the appointment day. These appointments are first come and first, serve. If there are more sign-ups than student interns, clients are put on a waiting list.
2. We send our clients the forms in a PDF format. You can print them, fill it out, and post it to us. It should reach us 24 hours before the appointment.
3.To fill them digitally, you may need a PDF reader like Adobe acrobat etc. We need to receive ALL the forms.
HIPAA forms and medical release--and other forms that allow us to share your health information with our students. You have the right to revoke this in writing at any time.
Disclaimer(s) of liability
Ayurveda wellness Intake forms
Follow-ups may be done via phone.
Rescheduling: If you want to reschedule for the same day, or cancel, it can be done 24 hours notice via email.
Once you miss the appointment or are a no show for your appointment, there is no rescheduling. you have to fill the forms and take a new appointment for the next "internship" day.
Online consultations are recorded for viewing and sharing with students later. All forms, questionnaires, and, Information release and disclaimers must be signed and provided at least 24 hours prior to appointment, otherwise the appointment will be cancelled.
Discliamer: Ayurveda and its Practitioners are not allowed to prevent, treat or cure any disease. All information given in these consultations is for informational purpose only. Please contact your Physician for any disease or health problem
We also offer Complimentary Ayurvedic Community Wellness Weekends (internship) throughout the year in Austin at St Edward's University or yoga studios. Please keep on checking this page for dates.
These appointments happen ONLY on pre-set days like last Monday of the month, or, internship days. They cannot be scheduled on any other day.
Upcoming internship dates
December 13, 2020
Feb 1, 2021
March 29, 2021