Time & Location
About the event
Our Complimentary Student Consultations are supervised by faculty and/or advanced practitioner students.
- Pre-consultation- Students will call you up beforehand to make sure you have filled out all the forms. They may ask you to submit pictures of nails, tongue, etc, and may help you with a pre-consultation beforehand. . This is always done online or via phone.
- Day of Consultation- Initial consultations can take from 40-50 min. You can use the zoom provided to you via email to login. (THESE MAY BE RECORDED OR STUDENTS MAYBE PRESENT for observation)
- Post consultation- Follow up 10-20 minutes may be scheduled via zoom or phone.
- Follow up- Students under the supervision of a teacher will prepare an Ayurvedic plan, suggest lifestyle and diet interventions that include dosa pacifying diet plans, daily and seasonal routines, yoga, or meditation. Then the student schedule a follow up with the client at a later date without the presence of the teacher. Follow-ups may be given over the phone, zoom and the plans may be shared via dropbox or google drive. Usually, there maybe one follow up and can be 15-30 minutes.
Virtual appointments HOW TO SIGN UP?
Wait for the sign-ups to open up. The link will be posted here. Or, you can contact us via the contact form asking to put you on our waiting list. These appointments are first to come and first, serve. If there are more sign-ups than student interns, clients are put on a waiting list.
2. We send our clients the forms in a PDF format. You can print them, fill them out, and post them to us as soon as possible. It should reach us 2 days before the appointment, otherwise, the appointment will be canceled. We need the forms in advance because we have to arrange for students and practitioners from different time zones all across the country, and, some international students to be in the zoom call.
3. In addition, the students will call you to do an initial interview or Pre-screening for your dosha test or other questions. Please make sure you answer the call and answer the questions. Without this pre-screening, we may have to cancel or reschedule the appointment.
3.To fill the forms digitally, you may need a PDF reader like Adobe acrobat, etc. We need to receive ALL the forms especially HIPAA forms and medical release--and other forms that allow us to share your health information with our students. You have the right to revoke this in writing at any time.
- Disclaimer(s) of liability (required 2 days in advance)
- Other disclaimers (required 2 days in advance)
- Ayurveda wellness Intake forms (required 2 days in advance)
- Pre-screen and initial interview via phone (required)
- Follow-ups may be done via phone.
Rescheduling: If you want to reschedule for the same day, or cancel, it can be done 2 days in advance via email. If we are unable to get all our practitioners and students in the call we can also reschedule the appointment.
Once you miss the appointment or are a no show for your appointment, we are unable to reschedule. The client has to fill the forms and make a new appointment for the next "internship" day.
Online consultations are recorded for viewing and sharing with students later. All forms, questionnaires, and, Information release and disclaimers must be signed and provided at least 24 hours prior to appointment, otherwise, the appointment will be canceled.
Disclaimer: Ayurveda and its Practitioners are not allowed to prevent, treat, or cure any disease. All information given in these consultations is for informational purposes only. Please contact your Physician for any health related issue, any disease or health problem